Thursday, September 22, 2011

Having fun. Wish you were here.

Hi, y’all. Here’s a Club Meds update in case you were totally sucked in by yesterday’s post. Dr. M changed my injectable diabetes medication to Victoza today and gave me a couple of free sample pens.
No surprise, there’s good news and bad news where Victoza is concerned. The good news is I only have to inject myself once a day, I can use a much teenier screw-on needle (see right) and I don’t have to eat breakfast within 60 minutes of the injection. (With my Byetta pen I had to inject FOUR times a day, the needle was three times as long and I had to eat within an hour.) The bad news is, VICTOZA COSTS A FORTUNE. My insurance co-pay doesn’t come close to covering most of the expense so I’ll have to join Victoza’s discount club and flash my official membership card and secret decoder ring every time I get a refill at Wal-Mart. For the time being, though, I’ll use the two sample pens Dr. M gave me before I worry about filling my first prescription. If Victoza doesn’t work out the next step will be insulin, which is cheap because it’s been around since the late 16th century. (Just kidding.)

In other news, the stock market took another nosedive today. I’m sure you don’t visit the Howdygram for late-breaking financial news but I thought you might like to know. Apparently a bunch of big cheeses are predicting a second global recession, although I don’t think we ever really pulled out of the FIRST one. A few economic indicators may have improved during the last few years but the #1 issue is still JOBS, and there aren’t enough to go around yet.

Contrary to popular opinion, I am not unemployed. I have the Howdygram and laundry. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: