Saturday, September 24, 2011

What was I thinking.

I’m not sure how I let this slip past me but apparently I completely forgot to review a couple of new Schwan’s products that I tried this month. I suppose I didn’t have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to take care of this, but what the hell — as long as I’m already here it shouldn’t be a total waste of time.
I wanted to like Schwan’s Crispy Chicken Strips but I just couldn’t do it. They’re basically a bunch of scary chicken tenders with rubbery tendons and breading that tastes like wallpaper paste. I use the term “scary” because the tasteless breading appears to contain a lot of pepper and now I’m stuck trying to figure out WHAT ELSE all those little black flecks could be.

The Mini Bow-Tie Pasta and Vegetable Blend was way more successful. Everybody loves peas, corn and carrots, and with all that teeny pasta thrown in you almost have a complete and nutritious meal-in-a-bag except there’s no protein or discernible flavor. Personally, I just use a pile of butter-flavor spray and a dash of seasoned salt.

And now, on to other subjects.

It’s Saturday at last. Sam is “on call” and carrying a pager for work all weekend but hopefully we’ll be able to escape and do something fun, like go to Pei Wei for lunch. I’m craving their hot and sour soup (see below) and have to find a way to drop a couple of hints. Please send me an email as soon as possible if you have any bright ideas.
Thank you for reading this. I want to go back to bed now.

No comments: