Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's 4 a.m. and I am not alone.

No, this is NOT the opening line of a science fiction movie. I woke up at 3:45 for my nightly bathroom inspection tour and all of a sudden Sam was up, too. He NEVER gets out of bed at that hour and it’s mighty weird to have company in the study in the middle of the night. At the moment I’m hungry enough for breakfast, so maybe I’ll start muttering something subliminal about pancakes at Denny’s, senior discounts and sex. (Sshhh.)

Today is SOFA SHOPPING day and I’m so excited I could bust. To prepare, I downloaded half a dozen PDFs from La-Z-Boy’s website yesterday and memorized all their sectional configurations. (I’ve always been an over-achiever.) Stay tuned. I’ll try to write another post this afternoon and let y’all know what we bought. For your possible interest, below is a photo of La-Z-Boy’s “Collins” sectional. This one is probably a little too big for our family room but there are at least 50 other options.
Late-breaking news! We got some RAIN yesterday, and there’s a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms later on in the afternoon. Water hasn’t fallen from the sky around here for three and half months, and the sight of wet streets is GORGEOUS. Apparently more than 10% of Dallas’ mature trees have already died from the drought. It looked like an early autumn; they all shriveled up and dropped their leaves way back at the beginning of August.

The autumn blaze maple in our front yard died, too. We’re sitting shiva. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: