Friday, September 30, 2011

Plant a flag when you get to the top.

I’m pleased to announce another Howdygram first. I just checked today’s statistics and discovered that we had a visitor this morning from Kathmandu, Nepal. Holy crapola — Kathmandu is across the street from Mount Everest! I’m totally dumbfounded imagining a sherpa sitting in a shack near ther summit with a half-frozen laptop, reading about Einstein awards, the Texas State Fair and Sam’s new shoes. Amazing.
Sam and I have some EXCITING PLANS this weekend. After dim sum for lunch tomorrow at Hong Kong Royal we want to drive up north to Treeland to buy a Chinese Pistachio for the front yard because our Autumn Blaze Maple didn’t survive the summer. Other possibilities are a Texas Ash and a Lacey Oak, two other drought-tolerant mid-size trees that won’t overwhelm the front of the house. Personally, I think we’d do better with a nice silk ficus, but that’s just me. I’m not crazy about living things.
Time to reward myself for reorganizing the pantry this afternoon. I’m going to fold socks, heat up a can of soup and watch Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation. Life is good. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: