Sunday, September 25, 2011

I want my new furniture.

I figured out tonight that we can track the progress of our new family room furniture on Haverty’s website so I just signed on to see where we stand. Apparently we don’t really stand ANYWHERE yet because the current status of our order says “waiting on product.” Sam’s leather armchair and ottoman are in stock but our sectional is still being manufactured. I’m hoping everything will take less time than Haverty’s original estimate (five to seven weeks) because I have zero patience for crap like this and want everything NOW. Seriously.

I think I mentioned in yesterday’s post that Sam had to carry a pager for work this weekend. The silly thing was nice and quiet until about an hour ago. We were sprawled out in the family room watching Ben Hur and about five minutes after Charlton Heston started rowing in a Roman galley Sam had to get dressed and drive downtown to the office. He thinks he’ll be home by midnight but I don’t believe him. He needs to deal with two big projects so I’ll bet it takes way longer than that.
I guess I’ll hang out here for a while. I paused Ben Hur to give Charlton a much-needed break.

Here’s some happy news. My niece Allison and her husband Greg (they live in Chicago) are expecting their first baby in January, and since there’s a shower coming up in a couple of weeks I decided to check out their online gift registry. Just between us, I don’t know where they’re planning to stash the mountain of stuff they’re asking for because they live in a small one-bedroom condo that Allison bought before they were married and the two of them are already out of closet space. Their gift list includes every Fisher-Price toy on the market plus bouncy swings, exercise jungle gyms, musical mobiles, humidifiers, strollers, car seats, nursery lamps, changing tables, a Sophie the Giraffe teething ring, FAO Schwarz baby animal finger puppets and a Koala Baby laundry hamper. Plus industrial-size crates of disposable diapers and other essentials like a few million baby bottles, onesies, blankets, burp cloths and nipple cream for mommy.

I refuse to send anybody a gift-wrapped jar of nipple cream. Ever. The finger puppets, however, are so damn cute I might need a set for ME.
I miss Sam. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: