Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I’d kill for a marshamallow Santa today. Seriously.

Merry Christmas, people. I’m HUNGRY. I’ve been sitting here for half an hour trying to figure out what I want for lunch, and I think I just made a decision: I want a pot of my famous Five-Minute Stupid Soup! This time, though, I’ll prep for my next six pots of Stupid Soup all at the same time by making half a dozen Ziploc “soup kits” with all the dry ingredients so I won’t have to keep shlepping gallon cans of freeze-dried whatnots in and out of the pantry. Sam thinks I’m brilliant, but I think a better word might be lazy.

I’d kill for a marshamallow Santa today. Seriously.

Our slogan of the day: SLEET HAPPENS. As I write this post Sam is outside in a down parka and ski hat playing with snowflakes. The temperature is 33° and icy little particles are hurling from the sky. To prove my point I’m pleased to post the following two photographs taken less than five minutes ago.
Sam is running in and out of the house with nonstop weather proclamations — “I think it’s sticking! You should see this!” — because he’ll always be a little California kid at heart and gets hysterical at the sight of snow. He also doesn’t understand why none of the neighbors are outside playing. I think he forgets it’s Christmas and that nobody else really gives a crap about winter weather except him.

For the snow nerds among you I’ve got a shot of the current precipitation map from Weather.com. The pin with the asterisk indicates Howdygram headquarters.
We’re expecting strong wind, sleet and about two inches of snow here in the Dallas metro area, but there’s blizzard warning for southern Oklahoma and Wichita Falls, Texas. A REAL BLIZZARD!

As long as I’m posting photos, here’s a cute shot of my niece’s little boy Cooper shopping for pumpkins shortly before Halloween. At the time he was about 10 months old. If this kid gets any cuter I’ll have to eat him on a bagel.
As a reminder, there’s lots of quality TV tonight on cable in case you don’t have anything productive to do after dinner. I refer to the Andy Hardy marathon on TCM and the second half of Noah’s Ark on Encore, which I plan to watch with Sam, fluffy slippers and a jar of queso. Happy holidays to you and yours!

No comments: