Sunday, December 23, 2012

The latest news from Diabetesland.

Ready for this one? After dinner last night I conked out in the family room for about an hour watching a cute Ernst Lubitsch musical called Monte Carlo (1930) starring Jeanette MacDonald and Jack Buchanan, and when I woke up around 8:30 I was feeling dazed and disoriented. Sam asked two or three times if he could do anything for me, but I said no and staggered into the study to check my blood sugar. It was 46. FORTY-SIX. That’s low enough to fall into the “holy-crap-get-me-a-doughnut” category, although I still had the wherewithal to show Sam the readout on my meter and eat a couple of glucose chewables to get myself back into normal range. Tonight’s featured flavor was pineapple.
I have to go to bed now. Please shut the lights when you’re done. Thank you.

No comments: