Friday, December 7, 2012

If I hadn’t choked down a few spoonfuls of peanut butter at 7:15 I’d probably be unconscious by now.

Earlier today I get a “concerned and sober” email from our irritating right-wing representative in Congress — Jeb Hensarling — politely requesting: 1) my permission to stonewall the White House on fiscal cliff negotiations; and 2) my candid opinion about the economy. I ripped him a new one instead. Here’s the comment I posted to his website:

Don’t back any fiscal deal unless it includes a higher tax rate for the top 2% and NO CUTS to Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid. House Republicans are a joke, Congressman. Try to represent your entire constituency for a change, not just the handful that agrees with you. I’m a senior citizen who will qualify for Social Security next year and for Medicare three years after that. I’ve worked all my life for these benefits. You already have yours; now it’s MY turn.

I hope he has nightmares tonight. An accurate cartoon of his goofy face appears below.
I’m making a solemn vow. Next time I try to order from China City online and their website acts like it’s having a nervous breakdown I will immediately defrost a couple of hot dogs and not waste an hour and half sitting in my front foyer STARVING TO DEATH. Holy crap, people, I placed a nice order online around 5:35 tonight and injected my mealtime insulin at 6, expecting China City’s doofus driver to show up within half an hour. Didn’t happen. At 7:50 I finally call the restaurant to ask where the hell is my Mongolian chicken and they tell me the order never came through. Truth is, if I hadn’t choked down a few spoonfuls of peanut butter at 7:15 I’d probably be unconscious by now.

The nice lady apologized profusely in broken English (at least I think she was apologizing), took my order over the phone and promised to deliver it ASAP. I hope they don’t screw this up because I received a shipment today from Netrition.com with SUGAR-FREE SWEET & SOUR SAUCE and I’m planning to douse everything as soon as it gets here, not including soup and fortune cookies.

Sam and I are counting on an excellent weekend that includes all of our favorite recreational activities, including naps, food, more naps, a few good movies, a week’s worth of “People’s Court” episodes and a drive in the country, not necessarily in that order. Feel free to join in if anything interests you, okay?

Happy Hanukkah from the Howdygram!

No comments: