Saturday, December 19, 2009

All I want for Christmas ...

... are a new lower partial (I’m not joking) and another batch of great old movies from Amazon.com! But because I don’t intend to visit my dentist any time in the foreseeable future, this morning I bought the following collection of classic films for my constantly-expanding DVD library:
  • Pollyanna (Adolphe Menjou! HAYLEY MILLS!)
  • Dodsworth (Walter Huston, Ruth Chatterton, Mary Astor)
  • The Big Trail (an early talkie and John Wayne’s first feature film)
  • Champagne for Caesar (Ronald Colman, Celeste Holm)
  • Ben-Hur (ramming speed!)
  • The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers)
  • The Postman Always Rings Twice (John Garfield, Lana Turner)
  • Christmas in Connecticut (Barbara Stanwyck, Dennis Morgan)
  • The Maltese Falcon (Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor)
  • The Big Sleep (Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall)
  • Dial M for Murder (Grace Kelly, Ray Milland)
  • Please Don’t Eat the Daisies (Doris Day, David Niven)
I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. With all these great new movies and enough Chinese food maybe I won’t have to leave the house for at least six months. Y’all are invited to come watch with me. (Bring your own egg rolls.)

No comments: