Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I think they missed the bulls-eye on this one.

We have a new Super Target store in Mesquite that opened in mid-October. This was a big hoo-hah around here for a couple of reasons: 1) since the recession started a lot more stores have been closing rather than opening; and 2) Super Target replaced our old ordinary Target, which had to shut down for the overhaul about six months ago and everybody really missed it and kept driving by to watch the progress. Unfortunately, I finally had a chance to shop at the new store last week and it wasn’t exactly the experience I’d been hoping for. There were herds of brand new employees hanging around but nobody could tell me where the toothpaste was ... and most of them weren’t even close. (Customer service note: it’s not very nice to make a woman with a cane shlep all over the store on a wild goose chase.)

Other disappointments included insufficient handicapped parking spots, stale California rolls, tasteless wild rice salad, no Ball Park fat-free turkey hotdogs, overpriced Coke Zero, no Kosher food aisle and I couldn’t find any pretzel bread in the bakery department, which was the best reason for shopping there in the first place. And if that’s not enough, Sam tells me the blueberry muffins were nothing to write home about. (I don’t think he plans to do that, however.)

Bottom line: I’ll stick with my Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, which is cheaper, a little closer and actually carries matzo meal. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: