Sunday, December 20, 2009

A small clarification about my previous post.

Okay, for those of you wondering why a movie junkie like me doesn’t already own titles like “The Maltese Falcon” and “Ben-Hur,” I actually do ... except they’re all VHS tapes, and we don’t have a VCR any more! We’ve got a high-definition Bose DVD player hooked up to our home theater system. For the last couple of years I’ve been trying to replace our old VHS titles whenever I can find them, but unfortunately many still haven’t been released on DVD. I’m talking about genuine classics like “Ali Baba Goes To Town” with Eddie Cantor and “The Prizefighter and the Lady” with Myrna Loy and Max Baer. (In case you care, the best place to search for what’s available on DVD is TCM.com’s movie database. The best place to BUY them is Amazon.com.)

It’s 5:30 in the morning, and I’m sitting at my computer with a teeny box of crackers. One of my clients sent me a huge all-food Christmas gift basket yesterday, but the only components I can eat include the aforesaid crackers, a package of cinnamon tea and a two-ounce bag of dried fruit. Everything else landed on Sam’s desk (three kinds of cookies, Werther’s caramels, Ghirardelli chocolates and a couple of candy canes) because I’m diabetic and he’s NOT. Gracias and happy holidays. Pass the Equal.

No comments: