Monday, December 14, 2009

Sleepless in the saddle.

Okay, I’m not really in the saddle. I’m not anywhere near a horse at all. But I’m definitely sleepless. It’s almost 3:45 a.m. and I’ve been working on a never-ending list of graphic design projects for clients who want everything wrapped up before the first of the year. It’s fun and lucrative, but when I’m in a creative mode I absolutely can’t sleep. So here I am with a box of Tic Tacs to keep me company. I’d rather hang out with Sam, but he’s been in bed since midnight.

For the most part, it was a pretty boring weekend around here aside from continuous naps, eating the world’s largest pot of chicken soup and buying a new mouse for my computer. The mouse arrived Saturday via FedEx from MacMall in California ... a terrific Kensington Orbit Optical trackball (see image at right) that works like a charm. My old mouse died last week of natural causes. We held a private service on Saturday afternoon and will accept gifts and condolence cards through the end of the month. (Thank you in advance for your generosity.)

All those who think I should go to bed now, please raise your hands.

No comments: