Saturday, January 15, 2011

Late-night cravings.

Sam is asleep, the house is quiet, and I have a killer craving for Jello chocolate pudding. There’s a package in the pantry and a gallon of milk in the fridge but I don’t want to make any noise in the kitchen that would wake Sam. So I’m sitting here trying to figure out how to make silent pudding. Oy.

I also want to finish a movie that I turned off when Sam got home from work at 10 ... “Julie & Julia” with Meryl Streep. (Sam doesn’t like Meryl Streep.) Have you seen this movie? I didn’t like the first half hour but eventually it got better. Meryl does an amazing impersonation of Julia Child ... and I’d love to know how they managed to make her look as tall as Julia, who was 6'2". She’s towering over EVERYBODY. Unfortunately, the weaker part of the film is about Julie, a self-absorbed thirtysomething who blogs about cooking every recipe in Julia Child’s classic Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Amy Adams (as Julie) is dull, all of her scenes are dull, her blog is dull, her life is dull, her marriage is dull and her apartment is dull. I keep wishing the entire movie was devoted to Meryl Streep as Julia Child in post-war Paris but I guess we can’t have everything.

I’m going to try to make some pudding now. Ssshhh.

No comments: