Friday, January 28, 2011

Phone calls from outer space.

My life is routine. I basically like it this way because I know what to expect from day to day and nobody’s ever hiding around the corner waiting to yell BOO. But yesterday I had a couple of weird calls from outer space on my business line that I still can’t explain.

The first one was from an articulate young woman at a consulting firm who called to ask if I would consider selling Ovation Creative’s products in supermarkets. I said, “Probably not. I design websites.” There’s a pause. “For supermarkets?” “No, for bridal consultants.” “Do you ever have any involvement with supermarkets?” “Yes. That’s where I buy my groceries.” She thanked me for my time and hung up.

The second weird call was from a reporter named Michael at The Suit Magazine who wants to interview me next week by phone for an upcoming article on “innovative entrepreneurs in a changing economy.” If I accept he’ll email the questions to me in advance so I can respond comfortably when he calls again. This is a swell idea, and I’d be really flattered by his offer if I wasn’t 100% convinced this guy must think I’m somebody else. (I work at home in a bathrobe and never miss an episode of “People’s Court.”)

I think it’s time for bed now. My sleep schedule is completely whacked-out and I need to get back on track before I start to look like a raccoon. Smooches to everybody and thank you for reading this.

No comments: