Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sitting shiva for two stuffed mules in Lubbock.

Hi. I thought I’d spend a few minutes Howdygrammin’ while I gear mself up for this week’s episode of “Project Runway.” I’ve got a couple of hot news stories from the Lone Star State to share with y’all.

First up … the Texas Department of Public Safety is presenting a free exhibit on Sunday afternoon at its headquarters in Austin, which will include a traffic helicopter, the Austin Police Department’s new squad cars — be still, my heart — and a display of historic police uniforms. I’m thinking if they’ll throw in a few free refreshments it might be worth the 210-mile drive.
Next, apparently a museum in West Texas recently purchased a couple of old mules and euthanized them for a farm display. The American Museum of Agriculture in Lubbock says the mules were purchased from a local trader after a fruitless search for already-preserved (i.e., stuffed) animals came up empty. One mule was 28 years old and the other was 32.
Responding to public outcry, a museum spokesman insists that stuffed real animals will give visitors a more accurate picture of how mules are used in the field. Holy crap. I sure hope nobody ever decides to display an old Howdygram blogger.

Time for a hot shower, a bowl of ice cream and “Project Runway.” Incidentally, I’ve been a little disappointed by season 10’s lack of scandal, sniping, in-fighting and debauchery. I mean, what’s the point of reality television if nobody acts like a moron? All we get are weekly challenges and occasional crap fashion design. B-O-R-I-N-G.
Pictured above is a pose from the Rockettes challenge. Host Heidi Klum is in the middle wearing green and mentor Tim Gunn is the dude to her left. Tim is the best part of the entire show aside from Michael Kors’ outrageous comments during judging. He’s famous for saying things like: “Those pants are just insane. It looks like Pacman is eating her crotch,” and “I can’t look at this. Your model makes me think of Morticia Adams wearing a shredded dress to a bar mitzvah.”

Thanks for stopping by. Seriously.

No comments: