Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Obama campaign loves me.

While I wait for Sam to get home from work I thought I’d fill you in on all the latest happenings here at Howdygram headquarters.

I baked a pan of brownies for Sam and the loaf of caraway rye that I mentioned in my last post. The house smells good but confusing. I also took a nice hot shower, watched a couple of “Hardcore Pawn” reruns, ran the dishwasher, ate cole slaw and ordered a few essentials from Soap.com, a website that sells a whole lot more than you’d think. Tonight I bought three-packs of Classico pasta sauce in two different flavors (Tomato & Basil and Cabernet Marinara), four large squeezy things of Ivory lavender body wash and a bag of Bugles. (Stop laughing.) They have excellent prices and free two-day shipping if you spend $39 or more. It’s easy to spend $39.
Guess what, people! I just got an email from Angus Durocher, a large cheese with the Obama for America campaign, inviting me to manage one of their field offices in a battleground state because I’m so cool, competent, technically-savvy and available. Unfortunately, I don’t think they realize I’m also mobility-challenged, unmotivated and addicted to “People’s Court.” I’m not exactly sure how my current skill set synchs with the needs of the campaign, but I have no problem donating money instead and hope you’ll consider doing the same at your earliest convenience. Click here and thank you.

No comments: