Saturday, September 1, 2012

It’s safe to assume we’re not going out to lunch today or we’d already be there.

It’s Saturday, and Sam and I appear to be taking turns at slugdom. I went back to bed this morning from 8 until 10:30, and half an hour after I woke up Sam decided it was his turn. It’s currently 12:30, he’s still unconscious as I write this post, and I suppose at this point it’s safe to assume we’re not going out to lunch today or we’d already be there. In the meantime I’ll consider gefilte fish.

This provides an excellent segue into the following Jewish news flash. I just bought myself FOUR BIG JARS of Manischewitz gefilte fish (pictured below) on Amazon.com for $19.99 with free shipping! What a steal! Rosh Hashana is coming, so TELL YOUR FRIENDS! These are the same 24-ounce jars that sell for $10.99 each at the supermarket except not really in Texas because the yahoos around here are into guns and pickup trucks.
Maybe we’re geeks, but Sam and I love to check out the Howdygram’s visitor statistics, which tell us which cities, states and countries you live in, which browsers you use, how long it takes you to read a post and what you’re wearing. (I might be kidding about that last part.) But I think the most interesting stats are the FIVE MOST POPULAR GOOGLE SEARCHES that bring new victims to the Howdygram on a daily basis! They are:
  1. Paula Deen plastic surgery
  2. Ugliest world leaders
  3. Madonna’s nipple
  4. Heckle & Jeckle
  5. Marie Osmond looks like a drag queen
The closest runners-up are Underwood Deviled Ham, the Whataburger font and Aunt Barbara Tupperware party. Seriously.

Holy crap, I need some food. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: