Monday, October 29, 2012

I’m glad my feet are dry and I’ve got terrific crap to eat.

Even though we won’t end up with any weather from Hurricane Sandy here in Texas, Sam is still doing his part! He’ll be staying late tonight at work because his company’s offices are shut down on the east coast and other sites around the country have to pick up the extra workload. To amuse myself in the meantime I’m baking a low-carb chocolate chocolate chip pound cake and watching live TV coverage of the flooding in Manhattan. I’m glad my feet are dry and I’ve got terrific crap to eat.

While I’m on the subject of food (as usual), a couple of days ago I placed an order with Netrition.com that probably won’t ship anytime soon because their warehouse is in New York. Somebody please explain how a person is supposed to survive without her low-carb chocolate bars and macaroons. This really sucks.
If you’d like to waste 68 minutes of your life with the lousiest movie ever made, the Howdygram can wholeheartedly recommend Surf Party (1964), a low-budget black & white clunker starring Bobby Vinton, a trailer full of strangely-affectionate girlfriends and forgettable songs written by a fourth grader from Malibu. It’s so awful you can’t stop watching.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: