Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sorry, Wendy’s. I’m just not into square meat with stinky sauce.

I learned something important about myself today. I learned that it’s hard for a senior citizen to write a Howdygram post when she’s crabby, needs homemade soup and has a pounding headache. Even though I took a couple of fake (i.e., generic) extra-strength Tylenols about half an hour ago, only the headache part is getting better. I’m definitely still feeling hungry and antisocial.

If truth be told, I might be willing to eat Long John Silver’s instead of soup if somebody would pick it up for me. The first person who knocks on the door of Howdygram headquarters with a sack of fish & chips (with a pint of cole slaw) gets to watch the vice-presidential debate with me tonight. I have napkins. Thank you in advance for your attention to this request.

This is probably a perfect segue — you know, fast food —  into a late-breaking story from our Who Gives A Crap department. It seems that Wendy’s is updating its logo for the first time since 1983, a move that’s supposed to signal its transformation into a “high-end hamburger chain” (their words, not mine).
They can’t be serious. Somebody please explain how new pigtails and logotype that’s hand-drawn with a Sharpie signals high-end anything ... especially when the food still sucks! A few months ago I was waiting for Sam to finish up at a doctor appointment and decided to drive through a Wendy’s on the corner for one of their single small hamburgers. Even though I was starving that burger smelled so awful I couldn’t eat it.

I apologize if I’ve offended any Wendy’s fans. Maybe I’m just not into square meat with stinky sauce.

And now, because I’m feeling increasingly political as debate time approaches, I’d like to share the following video clips about Mitt Romney plus this link to an interesting election-related blog: Romney the Liar.





Just in case you didn’t know the Howdygram’s official viewpoint of the 2012 presidential campaign ...
Thank you.

No comments: