Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No more horsing around in Diabetesland.

All’s not well in Diabetesland today after another scary hypoglycemic hoo-hah. Sometime around 4 p.m. I took a nap on the chaise in the family room and had a really hard time waking up afterwards. I kept drifting back to sleep for more than an hour until I forced myself to stand and wobble into the study to check my blood sugar, which was only 43. FORTY-THREE. Holy crap, people, that’s an all-new low for me and not a good number. I never realized that learning to use mealtime insulin would turn into such a balancing act. Thank God for glucose chewables, which is now a featured entrée here at Howdygram headquarters and my new favorite food*. Sam wants me to find a way to wear them around my neck.

At the moment I think I should take a nice hot shower, eat some real food and stop horsing around here. I know you’ll understand. Thank you.

*Not counting Mongolian chicken and sugar-free pie.

No comments: