Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daylight savings time and insomnia.

I can’t sleep. Actually, that’s not entirely accurate, because I haven’t TRIED to sleep. For the last few hours I’ve been in one of my entrepreneurial/creative modes, getting all involved with website updates, posting to my Ovation Creative blog and writing a new email campaign. Then all of a sudden I look at the little clock in the upper right-hand corner of my computer monitor and it’s almost 4 a.m. HOLY CRAP. The whole night is shot already, and tonight’s time change hoo-hah makes it even WORSE. It’s not supposed to be this late.

Before I forget, here’s an urgent update for your possible interest: my right hand is on the mend! This is extremely encouraging, because I seriously NEVER expected to feel so much better after only 48 hours! My carpal tunnel treatment includes some goofy little wrist exercises, Chinese food (my own idea), a six-day steroid regimen and a firm wrist support brace with a steel beam and tons of impressive velcro straps. All of this is fine, although quite honestly the steroid thing is freaking me out a little because I’m diabetic and steroids can really screw around with your blood sugar. So I have to keep close watch on my glucose levels for the next few days and stop the pills if I hit a certain number. And course I also check the mirror every couple of hours to see if I’m turning into Barry Bonds. So far so good, although yesterday afternoon I developed an uncontrollable urge to yell at people and play left field.

No comments: