Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Make enough to share with someone you love.

Thirsty? Here’s my all-time favorite recipe for a summer shake that’s absolutely delicious ... and best of all it’s also FAT-FREE, SUGAR-FREE and LOW-CALORIE. I probably don’t have to set this up in a typical recipe format with a list of ingredients and a paragraph of instructions because it also happens to be so easy it’s a no-brainer, but what the heck ... I’ll be consistent and do it anyway. Here goes.
  • 2 cups nonfat milk or vanilla Soy Slender soy milk
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 1½ cups frozen fruit
  • 8 to 10 packets of Equal
Plop everything into your blender and whip it up! Incidentally, Sam and I always use a frozen fruit medley of peaches, mango, pineapple and strawberries, but you can go ahead and use whatever you want ... just as long as it’s FROZEN. (That’s what makes the shake thick and fluffy.)
You should try this alongside a plate of Marcy’s Fabulous Un-Fried Fries with ketchup and pretend you’re 16 years old. Thank you for reading this and bon appetit, y’all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way this recipe sounds because it has no YOGURT in it! I can't stand yogurt!! I will give this a try and I'm sure Anna will love it too!