Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Send cyanide.

A brief medical report. I’ve got a doctor appointment in the morning to figure out what’s wrong with my right hand. At least half a dozen times a day it alternates between numb fingers, an aching pain that radiates throughout my arm and a sensation that’s probably like violent electrocution. It gets especially unbearable whenever I type at my computer keyboard (like right now) or try to lie down, which explains why I haven’t written a post for the last few days or slept since Saturday. I’M EXHAUSTED. When Sam gets home from work in a few minutes we have to brainstorm about how to prop me up in the living room overnight. I’m thinking I can sit on the couch with my feet on the decorative bench dragged in from our entry foyer. With a gigantic cup of hot tea and all-night Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies scheduled on TCM, I’m sure I’ll be fine until morning. (At this point I’m willing to try damn near ANYTHING.) Stay tuned for an update after I see the doctor tomorrow. You can send cyanide in the meantime. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: