Sunday, March 21, 2010

Welcome to spring.

Sam and I seem to be on different sleeping schedules today. He got up at 5:30 this morning to monitor the weather (it’s SNOWING) and I stayed in bed; he crawled back in at 8:15 just as I was waking up. Now I’m sitting here writing a post and he’s sound asleep. This is no huge deal, however, because as soon as I’m done I plan to head into the kitchen to reheat some Chinese food for breakfast.

Hey ... don’t make that face. Being an adult means I CAN EAT ANYTHING I WANT, WHENEVER I WANT IT. And Chinese food is a whole lot more fun in the morning than Rice Chex or a couple of Pop Tarts.

And now let’s talk about snow for a minute. Dallas has turned into a winter wonderland again with two inches of wet, blowing snow stuck to EVERYTHING. And it’s so damn windy we’ve even got snow glued to the window screens. The temperature as I write this is 31° ... and it’s still snowing. The yellow asterisk on the map shows our location here in Mesquite. The blue weather system is heading straight down from the north.


Somebody please send Sam a shovel so he can clear the driveway when he wakes up. The fastest way would be just to attach one to an email. Thank you.

No comments: