Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Me and my big mouth, part 2.

I promised you an update, so here it is. The good news is, I took one Vicodin right after publishing my post this afternoon and did NOT end up feeling dizzy, whacked-out or nauseated. Basically I just stared into space and eventually dozed off writing an email, and when I finally snapped back to reality I’d been typing nothing but f’s for quite a long time. The bad news is, my right hand is still a total mess. My thumb and two fingers are completely NUMB, there’s a sharp pain across the palm of my hand that feels like a sprain, I can’t grip anything, and whenever I lie down my hand, wrist and forearm feel like they’re ON FIRE. So although Vicodin may be mildly entertaining as a recreational drug, it’s not doing squat to help my carpal tunnel problem. And I already know I won’t be able to sleep in bed again tonight. I’m not happy about this. Thank you for putting up with me.

No comments: