Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Me and my big mouth.

Within the last 48 hours I announced to everybody on earth that I was finally pain-free. My heels stopped hurting, my knees didn’t ache, my carpal tunnel symptoms had subsided and I was feeling terrific at last. And then wham ... without any warning, last night I spent ALL NIGHT trying to sleep but couldn’t get comfortable. It was the carpal tunnel problem again in my right hand and arm ... numbness, burning and radiating pain especially when I laid down. Plus just before we went to bed Sam and I watched that grisly Mafia flick “Donnie Brasco” and I kept having visions of these guys chopping each other up with saws and butcher knives. So the bottom line is, I’ve had zero sleep and can’t even take a nap. To show you how bad it is, I’m almost on the verge of taking VICODIN. My doctor prescribed it for pain three weeks ago but I never opened the bottle because the last time I took this stuff was 18 years ago for an abcessed tooth and it made me so dizzy, whacked-out and nauseated I wanted to strangle my dentist. Today I feel crappy enough not to care. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP. Stay tuned for an update.

No comments: