Friday, March 19, 2010

Soggy peas and other non-news.

This is my first post since Sunday, and I apologize for that. Bottom line: sometimes I’m distracted or just can’t think of anything to say. However, my blog statistics indicate that a bunch of you visit every single day to see if there’s a new post, so if my negligence has been responsible for your depression, kleptomania, sex addiction and/or antisocial behavior please consider this my solemn promise to do better from now on. Seriously.

Schwan’s delivered my second frozen food order a couple of days ago. This time I stocked up on some interesting new products, which are pictured below for your possible interest:


So far everything is terrific, although I’m definitely disappointed with the sugar snap peas. If you follow the package directions to heat them in the microwave they get so soggy there’s no snap left at all. Maybe I’ll just defrost them and eat the silly things raw. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

There’s a light at the end of the (carpal) tunnel. I’ve got a brief health update to share ...just in case you’re not totally bored to death with this subject by now. As of today I’m doing really well. My plantar fasciitis has improved dramatically, the miserable issue with my right heel that sent me to the podiatrist for minor surgery on March 2 has healed up about 90%, and I have ZERO PAIN from my carpal tunnel syndrome ... although one finger still falls asleep occasionally. I can live with that. And I bought myself another Futuro wrist brace ... this time a snazzy black one that’s described as “energizing.” To my amazement, it lives up to the hype. As soon as I put it on I want to change the sheets, whip up an omelet, empty the dishwasher and vacuum the family room. You should try it for yourself or buy a few for birthday presents. Shop here.

I think I’d better go back to bed now. Sam is taking me to the supermarket this morning, and that’s a VERY big deal for me because I haven’t been to a grocery store since the first of the year. (Don’t ask.) Thank you for reading this.

No comments: