Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pre-dawn musings from Howdygramland.

It’s 4 a.m. and the middle of the night for normal people. I’d love to go back to bed for a while except Sam has to be at the hospital by 6:30 because he’s scheduled for out-patient surgery, and of course I’m going with him. I figure I’m probably better off just staying awake at this point.

My project du jour, aside from taking care of Sam when he gets home from the hospital, will be getting used to my new Magic Trackpad — Apple’s ingenious alternative to a standard mouse. I bought it mostly based on a bunch of online reviews that mentioned how well it alleviates HAND PAIN, and I’m definitely in favor of less pain!
As far as I can tell, the only potential problem with the trackpad is the unfamiliar touch. The slightest tap becomes a “click,” which is fine, but you have to press HARD to achieve the ever-popular “click and drag.” At the same time I’m also adjusting to a major Adobe Creative Suite software upgrade that was installed for me yesterday. The new versions of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator are really nice, but I think I’m getting too old for learning curves. (And I really miss my mouse.)

Before I forget, I wanted to post these before-and-after photos of Chaz Bono just in case you haven’t seen enough of her him in the news lately. Pictures like this can give you nightmares.
Chaz told a TV interviewer a couple of days ago that his mother (Cher) is having trouble accepting him like this, but he’s convinced it’s just a “generational thing.” I beg to differ. Generations notwithstanding, CHAZ IS A HUGE, SCARY DOOFUS IN A THREE-PIECE SUIT.  

I’m with you, Cher. I don’t get it, either.

Time to get ready for our shlep to the hospital. Stay tuned.

No comments: