Saturday, May 7, 2011

Guess who has a cold.

Me. And it’s unexplainable, because I never leave the house or come into contact with anybody but Sam, and he hasn’t had a cold in YEARS. So I have no idea where this came from unless the pizza guy was harboring lethal germs on Thursday. I’m congested, achy and probably also have a low-grade fever except I can’t find the thermometer. Don’t get too close to your monitor for a couple of days. I wouldn’t want you to catch this.

If you have some free time this afternoon don’t forget to watch the Kentucky Derby, a traditional sporting event where rich people race hired munchkins on horseback for recognition and prize money.
For your possible interest, most of these munchkins are direct decendants of the original immigrants from Oz during the early part of the 20th century.

Also coming up this weekend is Mother’s Day, and I would like to wish all you moms a happy holiday from the Howdygram. If I’m feeling well enough Sam and I will go for a late lunch today at Pei Wei because they’ve got a BOGO* entree event going on. WE LOVE FREE ENTREES but please don’t tell them I’m not a mother or I might be disqualified.
*BOGO = buy one, get one free.

Mark your calendars. Wednesday, March 11, is Margaret Rutherford Day on TCM, and you should tune in to see five of her adorable films from the early 1960s beginning at 11 a.m. Central time. These include The Mouse on the Moon, Murder She Said, Murder at the Gallop, Murder Most Foul and Murder Ahoy. She’s always fun to watch even though I’ve seen all of her films at least a dozen times.

And now I’m going to hunt around again for my thermometer. There’s always a possibility it might be hiding in the pocket of Sam’s missing black stretchy pants (see post), which vanished mysteriously back in February and still haven’t turned up. If you have any thoughts about this please let me know. Thank you.

No comments: