Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Assorted updates and miscellaneous baloney.

Seriously, I apologize for not posting since Friday. I was feeling moderately crabby and frustrated most of the weekend due to another diappointment with my diabetes medication — this time it’s Byetta, that fancy new “pen” that I started using last week for do-it-yourself injections. 
I guess the bottom line is, it’s just NOT WORKING. My blood sugar is still too high, so obviously I’m stabbing myself twice a day for NOTHING. I left a voice-mail for my doctor and I’m waiting for further instructions. Stay tuned, but please don’t hesitate to go about your normal routine in the meantime.

In other news, in a throwback to my years in Los Angeles there was a low-speed police chase yesterday in Fort Worth with a flock of wailing squad cars on the tail of a STOLEN FORKLIFT doing about 25 m.p.h. as it swerved through city streets, mall parking lots and eventually onto Interstate 30. The driver of the forklift was a shirtless yahoo drinking beer and throwing the empties at police. I’d refer you to the video clip that’s posted on YouTube (a pair of good ol’ boys followed the chase and filmed it with a cell phone) but it’s laced with substantial profanity and the Howdygram doesn’t want to jeopardize its worldwide popularity as a family-friendly blog.

It seems that Ruth Madoff, wife of incarcerated Ponzi monster Bernie Madoff, has finally decided to dump her disgraceful husband in an effort to patch up relations with her surviving son and grandchildren, all of whom froze her out of their lives after dear old dad was convicted, sentenced to two lifetimes in prison and elder son Mark committed suicide. Ruth is pictured below attending an informal luncheon in Manhattan dressed like Ralphie from A Christmas Story.
Incidentally, my doctor’s office just called and told me to double my dose of Byetta, so I’ll give it a shot (no pun intended) and see if it does the trick. Thank you for reading this. I’m going to eat some pretzels now.

No comments: