Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The bread machine disaster from another planet.

Coming soon to a theater near you ... how an ordinary little bread machine mix becomes a TWISTED FREAK OF NATURE and a FRIGHTENING LUMP OF PETRIFIED CRUST that wreaks havoc on a quiet Dallas suburb!
Okay, maybe I get carried away sometimes, but a post about last night’s kitchen disaster is definitely worth a few additional adjectives. It was my plan to make French bread with a pre-packaged mix I’ve bought several times in the past and the stupid thing baked into an amorphous, unidentifiable mass of rock-hard crust (see photo) that could destroy an island if you dropped it from the space shuttle. I couldn’t even get a knife through it.

I’ll try making another French bread mix tomorrow but this time I think I’ll skip the bread machine and throw the dough directly onto the patio. The temperature here will be 109° ... our 39th consecutive day above 105°.

Send Popsicles. Thank you.

No comments: