Sunday, August 21, 2011

A whole new twist on Sunday dinner.

It’s Sunday, y’all, and there’s a strange phenomenon going on here — the oppressive heat has turned outdoorsy Sam into a COUCH POTATO. We didn’t leave the house yesterday at all, and today wasn’t any different except for taking a half-hour drive around 6 p.m. And the only reason was because I told Sam I wanted to scope out my new nephrologist’s office in Garland in advance of my first appointment, so that’s where we went. For your possible interest, the map below shows: A) Dr. Hsu’s office at Baylor Medical Center; and B) Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite.
As for the “Sunday dinner” mentioned in the title of this post, it’s even too hot around here to EAT so I steamed two small potatoes with half a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and Sam, who has no interest in food whatsoever, spent the evening grazing in the kitchen for cashews, ice cream bars and raisins. At the moment he’s half-conscious in the family room watching Gunga Din. We love Gunga Din.

I’ll have more to say in the morning after I find out if Libyan maniac Moammar Gadhafi is out of business. This miserable goon has had a 42-year reign of terror and I think he and his sons should go live under a rock somewhere or just find a Motel 6 on the outskirts of Tripoli. According to current reports on MSNBC.com, Gadhafi’s sons are in custody and oil prices are expected to fall if Gadhafi’s regime is overthrown. Hold a good thought.

And now it’s time to join Sam in the family room and eat a yogurt. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: