Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Club Meds is definitely no trip to the beach.

I saw my doctor again this morning to discuss Prescription Adjustment #2,173 in our ongoing effort to get my blood sugar back under control. Everything got out of whack a few weeks ago when I had to give up taking Metformin because it’s having a negative effect on my kidney function, and God knows a person has to protect her kidneys. Unfortunately, the meds I was taking as an alternative to Metformin haven’t exactly done the trick for my blood sugar, so today we eliminated Onglyza and replaced it with Byetta.
Byetta (see above) is an INJECTABLE medication, and with my first dose tomorrow morning I will officially enter new territory here at Club Meds when I begin puncturing myself with this blue and orange pen twice a day. Aside from the fact that I’m not a huge fan of self-inflicted pain, I’ll also have to deal with some inconvenience when Sam and I travel because Byetta has to be stored at a certain temperature, like lipstick and mayonnaise.

I also have an appointment with a nephrologist at Advanced Kidney Care of North Texas on September 1 to make sure my kidneys are happy. I visited the clinic’s website this morning to download their new patient forms and it’s a very nice site with three really pretty people posing in the banner. I’m figuring this is probably a stock photo and the people are professional models.
Wrong! These are the THREE ACTUAL DOCTORS at the clinic! My appointment is with the one on the right, Dr. Hsu. There’s a closeup of her on another page and she has terrific teeth. Quite honestly, I’ve never seen such pretty doctors in my entire life who aren’t performing in a soap opera.

Incidentally, please send me an email if you can explain why people are rioting in London. I’ve been scanning most of the online news stories and can’t find any information about how or why this crap got started. Cheerio, y’all, and thank you for reading this.

No comments: