Monday, August 22, 2011

Rolling with the punches. Again.

Okay, so here’s the deal. After almost a week injecting the highest dose of Byetta, my blood sugar is still not under control and I’ll be heading back to the doctor tomorrow at 11 a.m. to begin another course of treatment.

It’s “last resort” time. I’m moving on to insulin.

I’m not sure yet how injecting insulin will impact my lifestyle because insulin is available in lots of different doses and formulas. Some are fast-acting, some are slow-acting, some are injected before every meal, others are injected just once a day. I have no idea yet which kind of insulin Dr. M wants me to use, and I also won’t know until tomorrow if my new prescription is available in a pen (like Byetta) or if I’ll have to start using regular syringes like a heroin addict. I’m trying not to overthink this, so my plans for the balance of the day include Joan Crawford movies on TCM, a few mozzarella sticks and an extended nap.
For the classic movie fans among you, TCM’s Joan Crawford lineup for the rest of the day includes cult favorite Torch Song (read my review), Possessed, Mildred Pierce with lots of excellent face-slapping, The Shining Hour and Montana Moon about a flapper in the wild west.

Tripoli is 95% occupied by rebels, three of Gadhafi’s sons are under arrest and The Big Cheese himself is hiding — probably under a double bed at Motel 6, which I suggested in last night’s post. The clock is ticking, Moammar. It’s time for a career change.

In other news, authorities are still searching for that missing woman in Aruba, Tiger Woods is working on yet another pointless “new swing” and Hurricane Irene apparently will intensify to a category 3 storm before it slams into Florida. I wish Irene would turn left and head for Texas instead so we could get some rain and clouds here!

Thank you for reading this. Seriously.

No comments: