Friday, August 5, 2011

Hopelessly out of touch.

Sam and I love Texas. Mostly it’s full of swell people, photogenic livestock, huge freeways with almost zero traffic and you can dress up like Gene Autry any time you want and nobody would notice. My only complaint concerns the online version of Dallas’ only newspaper. Judge for yourself. On a day when the stock market had it worst crash since the financial disaster of 2008, Congress is in the toilet with a disapproval rating of 84%, we’re frying here with the worst heat wave and drought in decades, the TOP THREE STORIES on the Dallas Morning News website are:

“First Exclusive Photos from Cowboys Training Camp”
“Clown Hopefuls Audition at American Airlines Center”
“Proposed City Budget Beefs Up Staffing for Traffic Light Repairs”

They also included some inspiring and helpful photographs, which I’ll share with you below.
While I wait for Sam to get home from work I just ordered some office supplies from Staples.com because it’s too damn hot outside to go shopping. I also ordered dinner tonight from China City, and when I opened the front door it felt like sticking my head in the oven to baste a Thanksgiving turkey. Even worse, the delivery dude gave me a 15-minute shpiel about his allergies. Apparently he confused me with somebody who would actually give a crap about this.

In other news, the Howdygram would like to wish an extremely happy birthday to Lucille Ball, who would be 100 years old tomorrow if she hadn’t died in 1989. It may interest some of you to know that her hit TV sitcom “I Love Lucy” has been on the air continuously since the day I was born almost 60 years ago. Click here for a video clip of Lucy’s classic Vitameatavegamin routine and be sure to watch TCM tomorrow for 24 hours of Lucy’s movies. My favorites are Lured and The Long, Long Trailer.

Incidentally, the new season of “Top Chef Just Desserts” premiers August 24 on Bravo. Don’t miss this chance to watch a lot of competitive gay pastry chefs frost things for big money. This is truly fine television. Seriously.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: