Thursday, July 11, 2013

Gene Kelly had a brother named Fred.

I don’t want to knock on wood or anything, but … my miserable feet are a little better tonight. This is the first time in more than two weeks that I can walk through the house without bitching or crying, and I almost feel good enough to make biscuits! To speed my recovery I just ordered a couple of wonder products from Amazon to help with pain management: 1) a Thera-Band Foot Roller (it stretches the plantar fascia); and 2) a jar of Topricin Cream, which is highly recommended for pain from nerve damage, neuropathy, fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis and general crappiness. I initially found both of these products on FootSmart.com but thought they were a seriously overpriced. Amazon, as usual, saved me a FORTUNE.
In case you’re interested, the National Library of Medicine offers the following definition for plantar fasciitis:

Inflammation of the thick tissue, known as the plantar fascia, on the bottom of the foot. The plantar fascia connects the heel bone to the toes and creates the arch of the foot. This condition is so painful you want to kill people.

That last sentence is mine. (As if you couldn’t guess, right?)

So ... let’s all hold a good thought for my new Thera-Band thing and that jar of Topricin Cream. I can’t wait to start tap dancing again! (Actually, I’d be happy just to walk across a room without swearing.)

I think I’ll take a nice shower now, eat some chia seed pudding and watch TV for a while. I started a semi-drippy musical earlier tonight called Deep in My Heart (1954), a biopic about composer Sigmund Romberg starring José Ferrer and Merle Oberson. The movie is actually pretty dull except for the songs by Helen Traubel (remember Mrs. Wellenmellon from that hilarious Jerry Lewis movie?) and Gene Kelly dancing to “Swimmin’ with Women” with his brother Fred. I didn’t know he had a brother named Fred. Did you?
 That’s about it for tonight, people. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: