Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I feel fantastic today. If I could only figure out why, I’d try to do this more often.

Know what’s scarier than agonizing joint pain and diabetic neuropathy? A day when you’re so inexplicably pain-free that you reorganize the pantry, put away all the crap that’s been piling up on the kitchen table for the last eight days and still have enough energy leftover to stand at the stove making low-carb pancakes for dinner. No kidding, people, I feel FANTASTIC today. If I could only figure out why, I’d try to do this more often.

To celebrate my unanticipated good fortune I decided to treat myself to an Internet spending spree of sorts, which included: 1) a dozen pads of lined note paper and two pounds of chia seeds from Amazon; 2) a dozen bags of zero-carb shirataki macaroni from the Asian Food Grocer; and 3) ugly but therapeutic orthopedic shoes for diabetics from FootSmart.com. They’re specially designed for sensitive feet and padded to prevent blisters, abrasions and alleviate the pain of neuropathy. They’re also expensive. (Please don’t tell Sam.) A photo appears below for your possible interest.
Now that I’ll have comfortable new shoes I should seriously consider leaving house once in a while, such as a weekend lunch junket to Cafe Greek or breakfast at Alfredo’s.

A thunderstorm is rolling through here as I write this post! It’s not a big thunderstorm, really, just a nice summery storm about the size of my thumb on Weather.com’s map with a decent dose of rain and a little wind. Too bad I’m not taking a nap right now. I love the sound of rain when I nap.

Just in case enough hasn’t been said yet about George Zimmerman — you know, the vigilante neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida who got away with murder — I’d like to share the following commentary from Jon Stewart’s “The Daily Show,” which offers up the perfect blend of outrage, pathos and disbelief. Frankly, we at the Howdygram think it’s a certifiable jaw-dropper.



Thank you for reading this.

No comments: