Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sam would never sit through any of these for any reason whatsoever.

This is the story of Sam and his 90-hour work-week. After four consecutive days last week stuck in the office until 5 a.m., he’s been working from home almost nonstop yesterday and today. Tonight around 7 he’ll drive downtown to the office and stay until 7 a.m., after which he hopes to take some time off to unscramble and recharge his sleep-deprived brain. He also needs a large quantity of healthy food because he’s eaten practically NOTHING since Friday, not counting a couple of ice cream sandwiches and a sack of bird food. (Actually, it was trail mix.) Sam looks generally pasty, unshaven, pooped and not especially happy. If you want to send him a present or a greeting card, please write to request our mailing address as soon as possible Thank you.

As for moi, my plantar fasciitis is on the mend and my feet are feeling moderately okay today! Therefore, I celebrated by making CarbQuik biscuits for lunch, and for dinner tonight I’m considering a BLT on low-carb toast minus the L and T because I don’t have any. So I guess that means it’s just a B. With mayo. Yee-haw.

Hey. If you’re as disappointed by — and pissed off about — the George Zimmerman verdict as I am, please take a minute to sign the petition on MoveOn.org encouraging Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Justice to file civil rights charges. The petition actually started on the NAACP’s website but there’s so much traffic that it’s been impossible to access the page.
Doing anything delightful tonight? After Sam leaves for the office I’m hosting a TV festival for an audience of one (you know, just me), which includes: 1) this week’s exciting episode of “Real Housewives of New Jersey”; 2) The Birdcage (1996) starring Robin Williams and Nathan Lane; and 3) The Rains Came (1939) starring Myrna Loy, Tyrone Power and George Brent. Yes, I have eccentric tastes. Sue me. Also, Sam would never sit through any of these for any reason whatsoever.
For the record, The Birdcage is one of my all-time favorite movies and I chose The Rains Came in honor of tonight’s weather. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: