Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ah, insomnia. Again.

I have some serious insomnia tonight, people. I tried going to bed around 1 a.m. with Sam but my hands and feet were all weirded-out with neuropathy and I couldn’t get comfortable, so I decided to park myself in the study to eat TicTacs and horse around with Howdygram. Technically I wasted the first two hours reading all the latest posts on Gawker.com and Jezebel.com (two of my favorite websites) and watching clips from last night’s Video Music Awards … particularly an outrageous performance by mostly-naked pop slut Miley Cyrus, a rich white girl with marginal talent who pretends she’s “ghetto” to get attention. Miley got what she wanted, except the attention all over the Internet today was NEGATIVE because she looked like such an over-sexed idiot. Holy crap.
From our Yup, Only in Texas department comes this story of poetic justice. It seems that a local outbreak of 21 cases of measles has been linked to Eagle Mountain International Church here in north Texas ... a mega-church affiliated with Kenneth Copeland’s prosperity gospel baloney that preaches against immunizations. All of a sudden, though, the pastor’s daughter is telling everybody to hurry up and get vaccinated ... but “The main thing is to stay in faith. Do it in faith.” Whatever the hell that means. I think it would be smarter to do it in a doctor’s office.

I really have to go to bed now. It’s after 5 a.m. and I look AWFUL. Thank you.

No comments: