Wednesday, August 28, 2013

John Boehner is threatening to destroy Social Security and Medicare. Surprised?

I should be in the family room right now watching The Music Man on TCM but instead I’m here in the study having another nervous breakdown about Congress. Earlier today, people, Speaker of the House John Boehner promised a “whale of a fight” against President Obama by offering him an outrageous choice: Either dismantle Social Security and Medicare or Congress will refuse to raise the debt ceiling, thereby destroying the credit of the United States government. This, dear readers, is horseshit. The Republicans hate President Obama so much they’d sacrifice the security of senior citizens, disabled Americans and veterans. The general consensus is, as long as millionaires can keep their tax breaks, to hell with everybody else. I’m so sick of this crap I want to pound lumps on Congress with my cane. One at a time. And S-L-O-W-L-Y.
Therefore, please click the link below as soon as possible to make a speedy and much-needed contribution to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in their fight against John Boehner … even if it’s only three measly bucks. Thank you.
In case you’re concerned that it’s almost 8 p.m. and I haven’t eaten dinner yet, tonight’s food agenda will include a can of Kirkland roast beef on top of two low-carb biscuits with a side order of pickles. I briefly considered using the beef juice from the can to make myself a little real gravy, but my blood sugar is starting to drop and I probably won’t have enough time to horse around with that. This is mildly depressing but I’ll get over it.

No comments: