Saturday, January 26, 2013

An easy, no-crust, low-carb cheesecake. Seriously!

This cheesecake is so damn good you can serve it to company and they’ll never guess you’re sneaking them a tasty low-carb dessert. Here’s the recipe!
Heat oven to 350° and spray a 9½-inch glass pie plate (or an 8-inch square glass baking pan) with Pam. Dump the first six ingredients into a blender container (or food processor) and blend on high for about 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides. Add the cream cheese and blend for another minute. Pour into your prepared pan and bake just until puffed and center is dry, 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not overbake this thing, okay?) Cool slightly. Spread Sour Cream Topping (see below) carefully over the top and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or until you can’t stand it any more.

And here’s how to make the Sour Cream Topping:
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 6 drops of EZ Sweetz
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
My own personal preference: I don’t like vanilla in the sour cream and I love little globs of sugar-free fruit preserves on top. But that’s just me.
Try adding a flavor to your cheesecake. I’ve got a dozen teeny bottles of concentrated LorAnn flavor oils in my kitchen and all it takes is six to eight drops to jazz up your dessert. I recommend banana, apricot, almond or pineapple. (You can buy them on Amazon.)

*CarbQuik is a low-carb, high-fiber Bisquick knockoff. I really LOVE this crap!

    No comments: