Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nine out of 10 doctors agree that Mongolian chicken is the new morphine.

Yup. I did it again. I just changed the Howdygram’s banner graphic (again) for no valid reason whatsoever except that I like this one better. My basic philosophy is, it’s my blog and you can’t stop me. Thank you.

I am exceptionally tired right now. Sleepy, actually. I’ve had an unusually busy week with household projects — reorganizing the pantry and kitchen cabinets, filling canisters, labeling 30 spice jars, stuffing my pillow shams — all of which involved standing for prolonged periods of time, and this is not easy for me any more due to crappy arthritic knees, crappy lower back pain and crappy neuropathy in my feet. To alleviate my discomfort I ordered Mongolian chicken from China City and watched last night’s episode of “Top Chef.”

Nine out of 10 doctors agree that Mongolian chicken is the new morphine.

Great news, people. “Project Runway” is back! Season 11 premiers tonight on Lifetime and it’s recording on my DVR as I write this post. I hope the show’s producers were savvy enough to stock up on drama queens this year, because I get real satisfaction from watching silly egomaniacs making ugly clothes. Or maybe it’s the other way around. (I’ll bet nobody cares.) Four sample designers from a field of 16 appear below for your possible interest. The rest of them look pretty much the same except with different haircuts.
I ordered something new from Shelf Reliance last night, the website where I buy all my favorite freeze-dried whatnots. This time I’m trying their Whole Egg Powder because it should be comforting to always have enough eggs on hand for the CarbQuik casserole and dessert recipes I’ve been collecting. Plus everybody gives this stuff great reviews online.
The pantry-size can of Whole Egg Powder costs about $9 and contains the equivalent of 66 fresh eggs. That’s a swell deal, isn’t it? I also ordered a #10-size (gallon) can of Beef Textured Vegetable Protein because I can’t live without it. This is the best crap on the market, bar none. I throw handfuls of Beef TVP into damn near everything not including oatmeal and cheesecake. (Even Sam likes it.)

Ah, I almost forgot. Here are my latest new fonts, all downloaded at no charge from a variety of websites. Lately my favorite has been FontScore.com. They seem to have entire families of all the top-name fonts, and some of them would be worth a small fortune if you actually had to pay for them, God forbid.
Before Sam gets home from work tonight I want to take a quick shower, file my nails and eat peanut butter, not necessarily in that order. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: