Sunday, January 27, 2013

Upside-down in the fog.

I’m having an upside-down night that’s due, in part, to two extended naps on Saturday and a persistent weather-related headache that hung on practically all day. I finally tried to go to bed at 2 a.m. but that didn’t work out too well. At 2:30 I sat up and announced that I wanted to take a shower. So I did. And now, while I wait for my hair to dry, I thought I’d spend some time at my desk with a low-carb chocolate bar and a Marcytini. Sam, that lucky devil, has remained comfortably unconscious through all of this. I don’t know how he does it.

As I write this post the entire Dallas metroplex is shrouded in zero-visibility fog. Here in Mesquite it may be slightly better than zero, as I can almost see the fuzzy blur of a neighbor’s driveway light across the street. I haven’t heard a car go by or any other sound outside for hours. I guess that’s a good thing. I would NEVER drive around in weather like this because dense fog scares the crap out of me.

I just read an article on CNN.com that North Korea’s irritating flea-brained leader, Kim Jong Un, has asked his top security and foreign affairs officials to take “substantial and high-profile important state measures” as he plans to explode a nuclear device in direct defiance of an order from the United Nations. I’d be willing to bet that somebody could bribe him to stop all this threatening horseshit if they threw in a year of free styling services at SuperCuts.
I should try going back to bed for a few hours. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: