Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sectionals, podiatry and hunting for a haircut.

Another day, another nutso pile of weirdness. Remember a couple of weeks ago when I wrote that Macy’s agreed to replace our defective sectional sofa by the end of January? Proving once again that crap happens, I called Macy’s this afternoon to ask about a delivery date and found out this hoo-hah is taking way longer than anybody expected. The manufacturer isn’t scheduled to deliver the sectional to Macy’s “super center” in Miami — Miami? WTF! — until mid-March, at which time they’ll ship it to Houston, stuff it onto another truck and haul it to Dallas. Their best guess for estimated arrival is sometime in April but I’d be willing to bet it’s closer to Memorial Day.

So I asked how about a credit for the defective sectional and we’ll pick out something else, and Macy’s thought that was fine, except after spending three hours on their website tonight scrutinizing every sectional they sell I don’t see anything I like better than the one we already own! Therefore, tomorrow I’ll call back and tell them to keep us on the list for that Miami-to-Houston-to-Dallas horseshit and we’ll just have to be patient. What a screwy mess.

On the plus side, however, I had a pleasant visit today with my podiatrist and then spent the better part of an hour driving all over Mesquite looking for a place to get a haircut. My first choice was a brand new salon about 90 seconds from home, but when I pulled up in front I realized they cater to “women of color” and probably have zero interest in styling an old white lady. My second choice was Salon 2000 on Town East Boulevard that apparently went out of business during the last couple of months. But the third time’s a charm, and I finally got a nice cut at Vince’s Salon. Also very inexpensive.

The map below indicates the following points of interest: A) Howdygram headquarters; B) my podiatrist’s office; C) the salon that doesn’t do old white ladies; D) the former location of Salon 2000; and E) Vince’s.
Sam just got home from work so it’s time for TV, insulin and a lot of snacks. We have a full and rewarding life.

No comments: