Monday, January 21, 2013

On tap today: pillow-jamming and big fat canisters.

Hey. Its Monday. Another week full of promise, Loretta Young movies and unseasonably pleasant January weather!

Three projects are on tap today at Howdygram headquarters. Project number one, finish filling my new glass kitchen canisters (see below) and shoot a couple of photos for a follow-up post. Project number two, I’m making tacos for lunch. Project number three, try to jam my overstuffed king-size pillows back into the shams that match my ivory quilt. After that I’ll be ready for a nap.
In case you’re interested, and I honestly can’t imagine why you would be, I bought four of these really huge air-tight things from Anchor Hocking’s website, ranging in size from 48 ounces to 1½ gallons. They will hold: 1) several pounds of CarbQuik flour; 2) a lot of granulated Splenda; 3) brown sugar for Sam’s oatmeal; and 4) my favorite dehydrated vegetable mix for Five Minute Stupid Soup, thereby reducing my actual prep time by at least 60 seconds. If I decide to dwell on this I’ll probably have to adjust the name of my recipe. Holy crap. Life sure gets complicated, doesn’t it?

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: