Friday, July 6, 2012

Presenting ugly crap from fashion week events around the world.

Innumerable exciting activities have been happening around here today. They include, in no particular order: 1) eating half a bag of potato chips for breakfast; 2) our quarterly outdoor pest control treatment (holy crap, Texas has a lot of bugs); 3) watching Finian’s Rainbow (1968) starring Fred Astaire and Petula Clark; 4) unpacking yesterday’s delivery from the Asian Food Grocer; and 5) making the bed.

Regarding item #3, Finan’s Rainbow is a stupid story with fantastic songs, and the only reason I bothered to watch is because we sang the entire score in choir my last year of high school and I know all the words. And also because it’s Fred Astaire’s last musical and I love Fred Astaire.
In case many of you may have thought otherwise, I’ve got ample proof that Einsteins exist in the fashion industry as illustrated by the following photos from fashion week events around the world. Does anybody really buy this ugly crap?
Does anybody have exciting plans for the weekend? We have nothing scheduled whatsoever except for Sam’s annual free birthday brunch on Sunday at Blue Mesa, where they’ve got the best southwestern food on the planet with really nice servers like Al, who’s our favorite. Al brings Sam extra grapefruit juice and never lets me run out of ice tea.
I think I’d better rustle up some grub because I’m awfully hungry right now. I’ve got a craving for a couple of Schwan’s spicy chicken things with cole slaw and a few Vlasic sugar-free sweet pickles. I’m living the good life here at Howdygram headquarters!

No comments: