Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thank you in advance for giving a crap about this.

I’m having an exceptionally lazy day after a crappy night’s sleep (four hours). Due to the resulting lack of energy, motivation and brain function I’ve decided to make my singular goal du jour researching NBC’s TV coverage of the London Olympics. Following 9½ minutes of concerted effort, the Howdygram is pleased to provide this handy link to help all of you decipher your local listings. FYI, the opening ceremonies will air Friday night on NBC during prime time; cool events like swimming start Saturday morning. I’m definitely into  swimming. Also gymnastics. I have no interest whatsoever in volleyball, rowing, throwing javelins, fencing, sailing or badminton. Badminton? Seriously?

For your possible interest I’m pleased to post the latest installment of our popular Holy Crap Gallery, this time featuring a variety of pin-up dudes from the 1950s and 60s. Personally, I think all of them aged beautifully, although money and great hair could have something to do with it. The only exception is the late Troy Donahue, who looked like he’d been living in the back of a station wagon. For my money, gorgeous Chad Everett managed to look even better at 75 than he did four decades ago. (Don’t you wish everybody could say that?) Unfortunately, Chad died yesterday from lung cancer.
Wow. I’m STARVING. I’ve been sitting here for the last 45 minutes trying to figure out what I want for dinner. (Yes, it’s true, I have a really nice life.) My first instinct is to order something wonderful from China City, such as Curry Shrimp and Mongolian Chicken, which would supply enough leftovers for at least two days, although I also have a massive quantity of gefilte fish in the refrigerator. It’s quite a conundrum, isn’t it? If you have any thoughts or suggestions I’d appreciate a quick email within the next 15 minutes because I need to eat something. Thank you in advance for giving a crap about this. It’s nice to have friends who care.

No comments: