Thursday, July 5, 2012

Way to go, San Diego ... home of the west-coast Einsteins.

Before I leap into more important topics I’d like to comment briefly that, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary (see previous post), AT&T apparently does NOT employ the majority of Einsteins in America. Several also work for the City of San Diego, where on July 4 a team of Einsteins accidentally detonated the evening’s entire 50-minute fireworks extravaganza all at the same time, resulting in a terrifying 15-second explosion that scared the shitsky out of thousands of citizens watching from the beach. Way to go, San Diego!

Ding dong, y’all! FedEx just dropped off a huge carton from Asian Food Grocer, my all-time favorite website not counting Amazon. This is the place to go for all kinds of wonderful Asian seasonings, sauces, soup mixes, shirataki — no carbs! no calories! — noodles, dried mushrooms, tofu, tea, soft drinks and bizarre Hello Kitty candy. A montage of today’s delivery appears below.
Unfortunately the carton is pretty heavy so Sam will have to bring it inside after he gets home from work. In the meantime I guess I’ll drown my sorrow with a few homemade tacos.

And now, a new version of our popular “Holy Crap” Gallery ... this time featuring a bunch of celebrities and former presidents when they were young. I think my personal favorites are three who looked exactly the same when they grew up (Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas and Lyndon Johnson, the poor kid) and three who were just adorable beyond belief (Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, John Lennon). Feel free to share your thoughts because I don’t really have very much to do tonight.
In case you’re interested, most of these pictures came from a couple of fun websites, one on Pinterest and another called Celebrity Childhood Photos.

I think I’ll make a nice pitcher of sugar-free lemonade and watch last night’s episode of “Dallas,” my current TV addiction now that season five of “Mad Men” is over. Thank you for reading this!

No comments: