Friday, July 27, 2012

The liars at Weather.com strike again.

It comes as no surprise whatsoever that none of those huge thunderstorms ever showed up earlier today (see previous post). We didn’t even get rain. This is exactly what I’ve learned to expect from Weather.com because the whole damn bunch of them are PATHOLOGICAL LIARS. But before you accuse me of over-reacting, I think I should mention there are several additional issues contributing to my current snotty mood: 1) exhaustion, due to receiving only four hours of sleep last night; 2) I almost ran out of peanut butter; 3) cancelling my 10 o’clock haircut  because I was too tired to get dressed; and 4) my right hip hurts.

Regarding item two (above), guess what just showed up on my doorstep: SIX JARS OF PEANUT BUTTER from my buddies at Amazon.com! This time I ordered Fifty 50 brand, a sugar-free low-glycemic (safe for diabetics) product that actually tastes better than any other peanut butter I’ve ever tried, including Jif, which was my all-time favorite until 10 minutes ago. I decided to try Fifty 50 based on a pile of five-star reviews, and it turned out to be a very good thing to do. Amazon sells six 18-ounce jars for $28.99 with free shipping. Buy yours here. For the record, Fifty 50 donates half its profits to diabetes research.
In case you give a crap about this, my plans for the rest of the day are as follows: 1) take an extended afternoon nap; 2) order dinner from China City; and 3) run the dishwasher; and 4) I can’t think of anything else. I love my life.

Don’t forget to watch the Olympics on TV tonight. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: