Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disasters: a Howdygram perspective.

It’s been quite a week for tragedies as we follow three devastating stories in the news. First we learn that 68-year-old former Mousketeer Annette Funicello lost her collection of Beach Blanket Bingo movie posters in a house fire, Warner Bros. officially dumps Charlie Sheen, and Japan suffers an 8.9 magnitude earthquake, a cataclysmic tsunami and the explosion of a nuclear power plant that’s currently spewing radioactive steam.
After pondering all three stories the one that haunts me most is the news from Japan. Not only is the entire island turning into a toxic stew of debris, contamination and nuclear waste, there’s also a potential worldwide shortage of wasabi and Honda Civic floor mats. THIS COULD GET UGLY.

And last, but not least, I’m currently suffering from an advanced case of sleep deprivation, mostly because the pain in my left hand gets worse at night and I can’t fall asleep. After thrashing around in bed for an hour I go sit at the computer, write a post or two, buy things on Overstock.com and eventually get so tired I can conk out whether my hand still hurts or not. I’m teetering at the conk-out point right now, as a matter of fact. I look like a zombie. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: